New Zealand Deerstalkers membership comes with a number of benefits. By applying you join both the Wellington Branch and NZDA Association Inc.
Depending on your background to hunting and time spent living in Wellington, here are some reasons to join the club no matter what stage you are at in your hunting career:
Are you a new hunter?
Are you new to Wellington?
Are you an experienced hunter?
Meet hunters of different levels of experience who can share knowledge of hunting, the outdoors, and firearm handling and safety.
Learn basic hunting skills on the HUNTs course (link)
Grow as a hunter on club hunts with the guidance of experienced hunters
Meet life-long hunting friends
Get help at the rifle range with sighting in or mounting your optics
Meet like-minded local hunters and outdoors-people
Share hunting spots and organised trips with local hunters
Stay up to date and become involved with ongoing issues affecting hunting and hunters in New Zealand
Give back to the sport by sharing knowledge and experience with younger and new hunters
Access to the branch and national antler, horn and tusk competitions, and photographic competitions
Use your skills and experience to contribute to the running of the branch
The process to join:
- Click the 'Apply Now' button. You will be taken to the NZDA National application portal.
- Fill out the online form. You can only submit a form if you are a 'new' member. If you have previously been a NZDA member (of any Branch) or are paying your annual renewal fee, you need to email National office directly to re-activate your membership or request an invoice.
- Nominate your membership type. However, we need to speak to you and confirm your selection during your application's processing. If in doubt select 'Senior'.
- On submitting your application you will be taken to the NZDA Facebook page. (Note: you are not sent an email or other pop-up acknowledgment but, do not worry, we have your form.)
- Any questions or concerns, send us an email.
- Next, our membership officer will give you a call or email inviting you to our next Club Night. Please come along and meet our members and Committee.
- Your membership application needs to be fully completed, and so we may ask for supplementary information.
- Your application must be approved at our next Committee Meeting. Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of each month. This means that there may be a delay in confirming your membership based on the date that you apply.
- Once approved by the Committee we notify the National Office. Then you will be issued an invoice for payment.
- On payment of your invoice you are officially a member and will be issued with your personal membership card.
As a member you are entitled to many benefits:
- Membership card (with 10%-15% discounts at most retailers, see National Website for full terms)
- Information about hunting issues, via notices and emails
- Personal liability insurance up to $10 million cover, including $1 million rural fires extension, when out hunting
- NZDA employees advocating to protect your hunting interests
- Hunting & Wildlife magazine (digital copy)
- Affiliation with COLFO (Council of Licenced Firearm Owners) the firearm advocates for firearm rights
- Branch competitions - Held September
- Access to National competitions - trophy heads and photography - Held July
- Subsidised 'club hunts' or 'organised hunts'
- HUNTs training courses (hunting skills)
- Rifle range with shooting distances 25m, 50m, 100m, and 200m
- Range shooting competitions, known as 'shoots'
- Monthly club nights with a variety of interesting speakers
- All members receive our branch newsletter monthly
- Discount on DOC hut passes and annual hut passes. Free nights at Cattle Ridge Hut and Roaring Stag Hut/Lodge (as they are maintained by the Branch)
- Other Branch network benefits available at other Branches and their facilities
- National Conference and AGM
- Free Branch branded 'swag' or 'merchandise', including stickers and T-shirts
If you are interested, contact us or come along to one of the club nights for a chat.
New Zealand Deerstalkers offers a number of different membership types. See the table below for details:
FAMILY MEMBERS: You can also add your family members to your membership for $5.00 per family member.
|AFFILIATE ('Friend of Branch')||